Monday, June 12, 2006

We made progress today! The daughter has finished the last of her fundraising and she has twenty days before the adventure of a lifetime. We created a virtiual bake sale and rotated a few excel spreadsheets at three workplaces and voila a virtual bake sale. We are so fortunate to have great neighbors. Axxxxa made 10 batches of her famous bread and Txxxx made seven layer bars and cookies, but more importantly, she spent 4 hours baking with daughter and sharing life.
Saturday afternoon I did half the incline. There is a halfway point that connects you to Barr trail. This was perfect, I was not “up to” the full Monty, but wanted to get out and enjoy. The sky was cloudy, but the air was very warm. It felt great to be outside and enjoying the fresh air. I had ordered a pair of trail shoes form Sierra Trading Company and had to break them in. They worked great. Barr Trail has loose rocks and can be a little dangerous when you combine gravity and loose terrain. (The first time I felt like I was wearing a pair of roller skates on part of the downward descent!) I found a few more pics of the incline online incline pics
The pace of the summer is moving well, not too hectic, not too slow. My stress level as usual is at the pace of the old wooden roller coaster at Cedar Point, but all is relatively well.
This afternoon I had lunch and took a nice 20 minute walk, guess with all things considered I am pretty lucky.