Saturday, July 29, 2006







I found these pictures on the library of Congress website. The first pic is from a booklet from Maxwell House coffee on how to make coffee. I love the old fashioned coffee perculators. The second was from a gardening handbook from the government urging people to grow their own vegetable gardens during the war for conservation. I wonder how that would go over today. The other is just a very sweet black and white picture. If you have ever milked a cow, your first peak at the process leaves you with the exact same expression on that little girl. enjoy. The website is completely fascinating, you could spend days looking at all of the archivals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe they call some of these documents "ephemera" - you can often find neat things on Ebay, too. There's a big market for it, I guess. Like you, I find these things totally fascinating.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home