Monday, July 24, 2006

What a whirlwind.
We left Friday morning to head to Michigan.
The first surprise was at the rental car facility. I had ordered an inexpensive economy car. They gave is a convertible PT cruiser. I am not a big car person, but the daughter and I felt that this would add some fun to the trip! We were able to catch an earlier flight which gave us an extra three hours. We made great use of the time. We drove straight to the florist and grabbed three bouquets of flowers. We decided that the first resting place should be St Charles Cemetery. It is a small country cemetery, but was manicured. We used baby wipes to clean off the marble on my mom’s and grandparents head stones. They look pretty clean. We left flowers and chatted a bit. It was good to be there. …Off to the family church, not my church but the church that has held my families baptisms, weddings, and funerals. It felt good to recognize the common names I grew up with. We are no longer catholic, but I always want to honor my family by stopping by. When I was little my parents spent hours helping out and my grandma played the organ for years there.
We decided last minute to stop at my grandma’s best friend’s house. She is a dear family friend. Her husband passed away two years ago and many of her friends are long gone. I am not sure what this feels like, but I do imagine it can be sad and sometimes lonely. We brought her flowers and loved on her for about 45 minutes, it was wonderful. She inspires me, she is still active in the community and she looked great. If we had time we could have spent the afternoon with her.

I will share more later – I met my dear niece and it was wonderful.
My presentation is in 90 minutes. I have to prepare.
I cannot help but think “What am I doing?”
Just pray… I am….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home