Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yesterday was a very unsettling day for me.

If you ever noticed the links to the right of the blog there is a link that says New Life.
This is not my home church but a church that I have tons of respect for and if I lived 20 minutes closer would probably regularly attend. They give back to this community and the world.
Yesterday the church was all over the news. The situation regarding Ted will be fully revealed and the facts hope will speak louder than the scandal. The timing of this is politically motivated and sickens me. I keep thinking about his wife Gayle. When I first moved back here six years ago I heard her speak several times. She is a very loving wife, I know this is hurting their family. It is one thing to have indiscretions but another to have it exposed to world with thousands of words and images. They have five children. One has just started pastoring a church of his own and one is handicapped. Two of them are in high school and I can only imagine how this is impacting their lives.

I will be standing in line on Tuesday Morning casting my vote, my mind was made up on these issues long before this event, but I will make sure my ovals are completely filled in and I will keep praying for the Haggard family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

this was terrible to hear... and in public.

Monday, November 06, 2006 8:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home