Wednesday, December 27, 2006







Traveling so close to Christmas to Argentina allowed me to see a closer look at their culture.
We are over the top here and I love it. The airport was not filled with Seasonal decorations and festive music.
The hotel I stayed at was not overly decorated. It is the summer and the temperature was in the eighties. We chatted about the traditions. It is a simple family day and maybe one present is exchanged (that part I wish we would take hold of).
Fruit Cakes are very popular and are eaten on News Years Eve after the midnight Champagne toast. We had a staff meeting with everyone that is supporting our extended team. I brought candy canes and they were thrilled. Candy Canes are not found in Argentina.
I try to learn more and more each time I visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home