Thursday, July 05, 2007

If you have a few moments to look at some incredible moving pictures
GO here.
Who is David Gross?
I am a photographer and writer, based in Istanbul, Turkey. I photograph many different subjects, from elections to cats, but I've been working for five years on a book about forensic victim identification projects, searching for missing people from war and conflict. My photo story on the forensic identifications in Kosovo won a World Press Photo award in 2003 — one of the most prestigious photojournalist awards. I have since photographed the chaotic opening of mass graves in Iraq, and I spent five weeks with the Thai identification team after the tsunami documenting their work. I began studying the field of forensic victim identification (and war crimes) in 1998 while at the graduate school of journalism at U.C. Berkeley, taking seminars and classes at the Human Rights Center at U.C. Berkeley, under the guidance of Eric Stover.
All I can say is wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home