Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The school bell has rung and now we are settling into a different routine.
We have been staying up late all summer long and now we need to find ourselves in bed earlier.
I finished reading the memoir of Marjorie Hart's Summer at Tiffany's.
Very sweet.
I use this blog often to find my next
new read.
I have six books stacked up waiting to be cracked open.


My daughter mentioned that they are going to read The Great Gatsby and The Things They Carried this fall.
I exclaimed. Ran to the book shelf and grabbed The Things They Carried. I read aloud to her last night for 25 minutes.
That book is so profound. Loved it. If you have not read it, it is an amazing look at Vietnam. I have not read this book in many years, but I began to compare it to the things soldiers carry today in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thirty years later, Some are the same, some drastically different.
My classes have picked back up and I am in taking Comparative Government online. Most of the students are Active Duty Air Force or Army.
I am slowly getting over the fact that I am a "B" Masters student. Later in life, will I be judged for that? I am not sure, but I cannot worry about it.

I am discovering God's perfect planning once again. Reason #246778 why I only have one child. Anxiety and panic disorders affect an estimated 2.4 million Americans. They have mild - major bouts weekly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home