Friday, December 26, 2008

This Christmas was low key.
My daughter and I went to Christmas Eve service and came home watched some tv and then "camped out" in the living room.
I woke up at 4:50 to let out the dogs and sent the daughter upstairs to sleep some more.
Made coffee and relaxed by the Christmas tree...Next year a live tree is required.
We traded gifts later in the morning, it was not a real joyful. My daughter cried a few times and said all she wanted for Christmas was to be in the Army. We will work on color blindness waiver in the next week.
We were assigned a few dishes to bring to my sister-in-laws house. My husband made pork adobo and red chili. I made empanadas. I have a real easy recipe and after yesterdays drama I made it even easier.
Instead of preparing the filling I bought Smart Ground Taco Burrito filling and 505 Southwestern salsa and mixed it together.
Everyone loved and no one even knows how easy it was...

1. On a lightly floured surface cut each biscuit into quarters
2. Use your hand to roll each quarter into a ball.
3. Roll out with a rolling pin to a 3 inch circle
4. Put one tsp of mixture in center.
5. Brush edges of dough with water
6. Fold over in half to seal
7. Press emapandas with tines of fork
8. Brush with beaten egg
9. Place on cooking sprayed baking sheets
10. Bake in a 375 oven until golden about 12 to 15 minutes.
11. Serve hot

The husband got several itunes gift cards; I hope this will keep him busy searching for songs and episodes.

I called a few people wishing them a Merry Christmas and just relaxed.
The agenda for today is yet to be seen.
I know for sure cleaning and making dog treats are scheduled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home