Friday, March 05, 2010

It is time to get serious.
I have literally days left here.
I can count them on my hands and feet.
I am not going to panic.
I am just going to continue to breathe and allow whatever happens to happen.
I bought my tickets for my time off and I cannot wait. It will take some push and effort to get there, but it will not be long.
Not everything was accomplished while over here, but I have no regrets which is good.
I had planned on walking away with a much better understanding of Spanish, but instead I got a welcoming dose of Arabic of which I love. I took a lot of time to read and some time to write.
I was asked last night what was my favorite thing that I read over here and I am not sure..

These are the top 10 reads
1. What I Thought I Knew: A Memoir by Alice Eve Cohen
2. The Gerbil Farmer's Daughter by Holli Robinson
3.This Lovely Life by Vicki Forman
4. A Woman Among Warlords: The Extraordinary Story of an Afghan Who Dared to Raise Her Voice
5. The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell
6. A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg
7. The Slippery Year by Melanie Gideon
8. Too Many Cooks: Kitchen Adventures with 1 Mom, 4 Kids, and 102 Recipes by Emily Franklin 9. I Love a Man in Uniform: A Memoir of Love, War, and Other Battles by Lily Burana
10. Going Rogue by Sarah Palin

I am looking forward to hugging the little one's very soon.
I am preparing myself that little Michael might not want anything to do with me.
He is at the age where the mysteries of Batman and toys far outweigh the ideas of cuddling with an aunt that vanished to far off places for a year. I wonder what they told him when my cards and packages arrived for him.
There are plenty of birthdays the next 45 days. So, it will be an opportunity to celebrate.

I am not sure what my role will be when I get back, but not stressing about.
Inshallah.
I have been looking at maps of Germany and France.
I know the Euro is tough on the American dollar from when I was in Greece. But I can make the most of it. I am excited to just choose what I want and where a wool sweater and jeans.
I have set aside 250 to order things for the trip.
I am getting a large back to just pack everything and then the rest is just small things.
I am pretty self sufficient so I will not need too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home