Monday, May 07, 2018


I embarked on a journey that I needed even more than I realized. About six weeks ago I decided I was doing it. I signed up to volunteer in Greece with refugees and booked my tickets. I sent my out of office notes at work and just stepped forward. And it was exactly what I needed. I need to be around some thing bigger than me and the daily iterations of the projects I am involved with. This was key. I met new people, saw the blue blue ocean, basked in the sun and walked in steps paved by brave and courageous souls.
I worked at a Refugee Camp Ritsona. 


It is a camp on the coast of Chalkida, Greece.


It is located in an old Greek Air Force Base. Currently, about 800 people call this their temporary home. They are from Syria, Kurdistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa ranging from just a few days old their 70’s.
The process has brought back some spark and inspiration to me.
It was nice to be active and nice to be in and outside.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home