Friday, August 21, 2026

Memoir - Katie Rizzo

 Katie Rizzo

I found her on Net Galley a place I can read new books and some before prerelease.

As soon as I saw the title and the subject, I gravitated to it and wanted to read it.

The Trimesters of Grief or Are You Gonna Listen to What Is Going on in Here?


As I read this book, I  felt as if I were sitting near Katie. Her words, thoughts, and poems tugged at me from the pages and I am more aware of things I already knew to be true.  She does not shy around the truth and shares her journey of the loss of her son. It is beautiful. Overdose and addiction are not.

She reminded me journal, have empathy, find glimmers of hope and joy, and that coming together in community as we face very difficult life experiences is the way we walk through them together. 

Grief stays with us but looks different over time. She is now an advocate for an experience she would never wish on her enemies.  She consolidates tips and tidbits from so many resources that I trust and leans in.  She etches out poetry while immersed in deep grief.

Katie - you have my attention - will be reading more.

You can pre-order on Amazon  link

We have many crisis in this world where evil creeps into beautiful places. We must continue to fight.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home