Sunday, December 18, 2005

Snow, narnia, restlessness

This has been a cold, snowy weekend. Over the night we received less than three inches of snow. Just enough to blanket the ground. Untouched the trees, and fence look beautiful. The big dogs have already been out disturbing the snowy blanket - but it still looks beautiful. In an hour or so their tracks will be hidden again. I normally can see Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain - but not this morning - the sky is completely white. Looks like it may be a good day to make vegetable soup and relax. However, I am sure the others in the house have different plans.

Daughter still has a few more Christmas presents to purchase and she is making cookies for the wrestling team and coaches. She is truly a better baker than I am, hands down. This comes from years and years of baking with family and friends. Thank you Mary and Lori for being such a good example to my daughter in these areas. Some say that young girls are losing the art of true homemaking. I think she has at least the very minimum a grasp. Now, the lost art of cleaning is a work in progress.

She is toying with idea of going to culinary school - It may be a phase, It may not be. I would definitely support her going abroad to study in Europe in 3 1/2 years. Yikes. She also loves the idea of the Coast Guard. That is a little scary. The time is going by very fast. We are looking at mission trips for the summer, she does not want to be here this summer doing normal teenage thins, her desire to explore life is amazing. We will keep you posted on the choices. She longs to travel back to Michigan as well. (just to visit)

Husband and I took in Narnia this weekend. I loved it. The cinematography is beautiful. It was nice to be lost in the adventure for a few hours. I actually welled up crying about 3 times, whatever.. We ate like royalty yesterday, everything yummy seems to be on sale during Christmas. Lobster tales for 6.99. I am there. I might even have them twice this week.

Two things I wish were in season fresh figs and rhubarb. Better yet I wish I was in the Greek Isle with a fig tree in my backyard, that is a story for another day.

I hope my restlessness ends soon - it just seems like I should be doing something... I just cannot put my finger on it, or at least openly put my finger on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home