Sunday, April 23, 2006

DoD News Briefing with Col. Gray from Iraq

MR. TURNER: Okay, before we close, Colonel Gray, do you have any final remarks you'd like to make?

COL. GRAY: Yeah. If I could close -- and you’ve probably gathered that this is a very diverse region. It has many multi-faceted challenges. Friction points abound. I would, again, credit the relative calm that most believe is in our area to aggressive commanders and soldiers on the ground, both Iraqi and American, who keep their finger on the pulse in the region and have developed a keen sense for the potential flash points. By keeping our finger on those flash points, I think we're able to anticipate and place forces there to disrupt enemy actions in a fairly positive manner before they become newsworthy.

A final statement is that I'd like to express my very much heartfelt thanks to all of our families back at home and for their tremendous support of the Bastogne Brigade and its soldiers. Your support's critical to our success, and it's directly related to the morale of everyone here. So I want to thank you again for that, and I'd like to thank all of you for an opportunity to speak to the American public.

transcript

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home