Friday, June 16, 2006

Well, almost the end of another week and it has been filled with drama, controversy, sarcasm. A quick trip up half the incline evened out the week for me. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy laboriously climbing step by step and then casually shuffling down. It smells great, the view is beautiful.

This has been a very strange mail week, We typically get at least 10 pieces of mail each week from financial companies claiming that they can reduce our debt, interest rates, etc… oh joy, I wish I could make them stop. I received a special request from the RNC to write a note to President Bush for his birthday, he is turning 60 next month. (not to mention send a donation for the cause)
I also received an envelope from the Netherlands, as you can imagine I do not receive a ton of correspondence from Europe. Curiosity....
It is a pamphlet explaining that a book has been written about my grandma’s family history. This moved me in many ways. First of all, I am not sure how they found me or who passed along my contact information. Thank you. When my mom was alive, she loved genealogy, she loved to find the story behind all of us and the interwoven connections throughout the years. She loved to uncover a skeleton and loved making new friends and sharing stories. She was a genealogical private inspector, if one ever existed.
I am going to attempt to order the book: Profiel.nl website
ISBN = 9052943788
The website disclaimer:
Ordering outside the Netherlands is only possible if you have a bank account in the Netherlands. If not, you can send this order form together with a cheque to Uitgeverij Profiel. Make sure that your payment is SHARED, meaning that you pay your part in the banking costs.

I will let you know what happens; do you think I could get approved time off work to go open a bank account in the Netherlands, in order to make the purchase?

My brother is celebrating his 1st Father’s Day. I know this will be exciting for him. Abby is a sweetie and a long time coming. He announced this week that he will make his E7 in September.
competition explained... For many years we have had a bit of friendly competition. He cockily decided that he would make the next rank before me, and it looks like he will. However, I will have to say that my husband is now the winner, just when he thought he was knocking on the
retirement door, he received a call on Tuesday, he made E7. Yep, I am stunned he beat us both! Not all the details are worked out, and as far as I am concerned the competition is still wide open. Yes, I can dream.

The best story of the week is about the circus.
My daughter is just beginning to experiment with dating and hanging out in mixed crowds, but I will have to say that with the heavy parental monitoring, no driver’s license and minimal money, the activities are limited. But, it looks like I will be employing four fifteen year olds to assist in the back yard activities. I have a few chores that they do in order to earn money to go to the circus. But, I am requesting that they create a sign that says, “Will work for circus tickets and show up on my door! I will capture that and post, if it happens!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home