Friday, July 07, 2006

Garden update…
I cannot post any pics for awhile, the daughter has taken the working digital camera with her. I do have one that is barely held together with duct tape, but I will just wait.
The yellow and green squash are about 2-3 inches long, they are appearing in abundance.
Each eggplant plant has 2-3 small eggplants. They are very strong and healthy. I have started to pick the spinach and leaf lettuce. Simply delicious!
The herbs are in full swing and I will dry some and stick them in the freezer for use later. Mint, cilantro, dill and parsley.
The cucumbers and pepper plants have plenty of flowers and will bear fruit soon.
The beets are fattening and the radish are harvesting on the spicy side.
I am looking forward to rotating another row of lettuce and radish this weekend.

All is well, a bit crowded but thriving.

I am attempting to grow collard greens, it is not going well, I think this climate is not the best for growing plentiful greens, but the seed packet was 99 cents and I am enjoying tending to the underdeveloped plants.

I have an entire patch of mint that is 5 feet long. I love it, it looks lush and smells great. I know some may classify mint as a weed and a pest in the garden... but what can I say, it is my weed.

Peru update.
They are in country.
The location where they are staying is gorgeous. I literally could hear sparks of excitement through the phone (Yes, Cingular was honest, she does have coverage!)
They performed their drama this afternoon and spent time washing ten little girls hair today. C- was armed with rubber gloves, shampoos, ribbons, bows and clips of all colors. She said the little girls loved them and wanted to stay with the team all day long. Keep praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home