Thursday, June 29, 2006

Texas Shopping = polish pottery

At the beginning of this week I had to travel out of town for work. I was in Houston for three days and got back late last night.
Everyone was asleep so I could not prowl through the house looking for dirty dishes that needed to be put away, clothes piles and etc… I just got in bed and slept. This tripped was packed with work activities and a bit of shopping. I have discovered that within 3 minutes of the hotel in Houston is a Tuesday Morning and a Marshalls. Both of which have always produced great finds. I have also discovered that perhaps Texans do not enjoy Polish pottery as much as I do. Monday I went to Marshalls making one small purchase of a two small bowls. I mentally noted the other 5 pieces they had on the shelf. Tuesday I popped into about 15 minutes before closing time and picked up three more pieces, they also brought out a beautiful mixing bowl that I did not have room for in my luggage. On the way to the airport I made a quick stop into the Tuesday Morning. This store is about double the size of the one I am used to. They had so much stuff, it was hard to stay focused and stick to my time schedule. I grabbed a few clearance small stuffed animals for the daughter’s mission trip and three photo albums. It is my goal to get organized! They also had a few nice pieces of pottery, so I grabbed a pitcher and baking dish. I bought 7 pieces of pottery while in Houston, my carry on was very heavy… But, everything made it home safely. I hope to travel to Poland some day purchase it from the factory, that trip is for another time. Until then I just keep up the hunt here. That is half the fun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love clearance finds? You should post pics of what you bought...If you can ever find one on a trip, HomeGoods is the best (its a TJ Maxx store)!

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:40:00 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

photos please

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home