Monday, August 07, 2006

Another drill weekend… But this one was eerily quiet.
Diagnostic PT test, 2 retirement ceremonies and paperwork. I hope this is not the calm before the storm. I have to do an extra day next Saturday and then I will be going to Guard Bureau for 3 days the following week. I have never been there, so it should be an adventure. I am going with my dear friend Jenn and 2 Colonels & a Captain. I am sure I will have at least one entertaining tidbit to blog about.

This blog about fresh figs is a must read FreshFigs
The colors in this blog made me smile fun reading


My hair… I am in the process of growing my hair for Locks of Love. This will be my second donation, and I plan on getting it cut in November. I should have the required 10 inch surplus at that point. My hair is thick and gets heavier by the weeks. By beret barely fits now, and I get the red “beret head” mark if I have it on too long. Tonight I was carrying my niece; she was giving me hugs throwing her arms on around my neck so that she could nuzzle in hair. Her little hands and her simple playfulness touched my heart. It was just so sweet, and exactly what I needed.


School starts on Thursday; the daughter has three days of summer vacation left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home