Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Garden
This year has continued to surprise me over and over. The squash, spinach and beets are doing very well. The turnips have grown and no are the size of baseballs. More and more cucumbers will pop-up every day. Over the weekend I made three batches of "pickles". I just had so many; I did not know what to do with them. You cannot freeze them. So, I am persevering them and giving them away. I have a lone pumpkin; it should be a beauty this Fall.
I am losing the battle to the weeds, They multiple overnight and I cannot keep up with them. It is amazing, a few specs of dirt and voila two days later a healthy weed. We need to take my weeds over to turmoil countries; maybe this would give them something to do beside kill one another.

Work
Two dear friends have given their notice in the last week. It is sad to see them go. They always made things a little easier. They both have great opportunities. I am happy for them.
They officially announced that part of my team will be expanding into Argentina. I will be traveling down there for two weeks in a month or so.


Home
My trip back home has left me with mixed feelings. I brought back a few things that belonged to my parents. I have my dad's grade school report cards and postcards he mailed my mother while hunting in 1961. I have my mom's birth announcements, clippings from the newspaper from when she was in high school and some great pictures. I need to make copies of the pictures for my brother and find a way to preserve these items. One other cool thing I borught back was my mom's war bond booklet from 1942 (she was just a few months old at the issue date).

I have received two pieces of consistent feedback. I am on ok writer. My last paper for school was not that great. My grade showed the truth. The written exam that I turned in the State Depart was “good” but not “great”. The gentleman that graded the written portion said, “It was not great, but I personally enjoyed reading it.” This information has left me thinking, “What happened?” Has nine years in ecommerce dumbed me down that I can only write brief content and short emails? I need to get together a plan that allows me to write more. Do I need to change my resume that reads excellent written communication? This being said I am going to take a few months break from my masters and craft a plan.

My daughter is off camping with her cousin in ninety degree heat. I know her, and I am sure she is miserable. Rain is on the weather’s man slate for her region today and I think she might me miserable for that as well. The only saving grace that might help this, is meeting cute boys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I used to love to write and wrote for my college newspaper but discovered that once you stop doing it for a while, it gets hard! I've been trying to read more quality writing, and I think that will help improve my once good writing skills...:)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home