Saturday, September 23, 2006

Today was a day.
Nothing earth shattering took place.
Chores were addressed; a few loads of laundry, wiped down bedroom ceiling fan and ledge, wiped down patio door, and vacuum. I gathered up the recycle trash and headed for groceries with coupons in tow. I barley got out of the commissary under 125.00. I did save 22.65 in coupons and I found a few great deals. Produce was good grabbed acorn, spaghetti and butternut squash, bananas, plums, carrots and squash. One bit of good news is that our commissary is expanding the organic selection. They recently just added Cascadian Farms frozen fruit. I grabbed two bags of raspberries and one bag of blueberries… Yeah… For me it’s the simple things. For pure nostalgia I grabbed an Angel Food Cake mix. The sticky coating it leaves on the pan and the crunchy crust that forms reminds me of my mom. I miss her. Now that we are officially headed home for Thanksgiving my thoughts drift to her easily.

My daughter and I had planned on attending my friend’s son’s two year old birthday party with my niece. But my niece had visitation wit her mother and C bailed on me to go shopping in Denver. She has been asked to be an attendant in a friend’s Quincenera Quincenera They had a great say shopping, laughing and eating. She found a Mexican market that sold Inca Cola Soda Pop. She was thrilled, she discovered this drink in Peru and has been talking about it ever since. She had a great day and now she is off to the movies with friends. I am the chauffeur tonight, so I actually have to stay up past 9:30.
I went to the birthday party and stayed a few hours. He was not a happy two year old today. Too many people in his house! But, he is very keen to Thomas the Tank Engine. He will be playing trains for several months. Mom was stressed but all of the children had a blast, and filled their little bodies with sugar.
Tomorrow more of the same. I have chores to attend to and I am hoping to drive to the mountains and grab some fresh air, a bit of exercise and a few fall pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home