Sunday, October 15, 2006

Yesterday I accomplished what some may see as a small thing, but for me it was a huge mental challenge.
I passed my pt test. Simple task, right? I am healthy and I am fit. Well, I had missed it twice by twenty seconds. Yes, twenty seconds. That equates to just 50 steps or a final sprint vs a final gallup…. I am glad I have it out of my way. Running is not my strong skill, but it is not optional either. I feel pretty good. But I have another one in seven months….
It was good to be at drill, we have a small section but it is like a family. That is probably one thing I have always enjoyed about the military. You put a bunch of people together that you would not normally find together and you make something happen!

Occasionally, you meet someone that rubs you the wrong way, but you get by. I am thankful for my little section of citizen soldiers it is a mixture of full-time guardsman, corporate people like myself, high-tech folks and stay at home moms. Amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home