Sunday, October 08, 2006

It is a blustery day. The blue sky from yesterday has been replaced by rain filled clouds.
I did see a small herd of antelope on the way home from church this morning; they weregrazing for a morning treating seemingly unaware to how close they were to the road.
The weather encouraged me to put on a pot of white northern beans for soup this afternoon. I do not have a real recipe for this. I just add beans, ro*tel tomatoes, organic tomato paste, garlic and a few pieces of turkey bacon and season as needed. Very simple food. No frills. It reminds me of something my mom would have made (of course the turkey bacon would have been replaced by a ham bone and the tomatoes would have come from a canning gar).

I will post pictures of the daughter’s involvement in the quinceta later this week, I plan on catching up on a few cards and letters, resting and cleaning for the rest of the day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home