Tuesday, November 07, 2006

This year has gone by incredibly fast.
I have one drill weekend left for 2006.
If I retire right at 20 years, which I am not planning to, I have 18 drills left.
Amazing.
This will prove to be a busy for the family.
Yesterday I had the honor to attend a welcome home ceremony on Fort Carson. Our close friend made it home.
It was nice to see him safe and in person. We stood with his parents and his mom was overwhelmed when he was able to run over and hug her. It was emotional. I left with a heavy heart because I understood that not everyone was reuniting and I completely understand that for some families something horrific is just beginning. Right before he left we all chipped in and bought him an iPod. He was reduced to tears it was a special moment. He did not know what to say. I think military communities and friends have a special bond. My husband has only known Brian for two years, but I would say he loves and respects him more than his blood brother (which is a whole set of different issues). I wrote to Brian maybe 20 times and sent him 4-5 Care Packages. But the first thing he told me is that he loved me and appreciated my support.
I began to think about support. How can do more? I have plenty of opportunities!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home