Friday, January 12, 2007

The boys club

This week I accompanied my husband to a leaders meeting at his unit.
The drive was 90 minutes each way and he really did not want to drive alone.
So, I grabbed a book and a small cross stitch project to fill in the time.
We ended up hitting horrible traffic and it took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to travel 90 miles.
We arrived about 20 minutes late.
There were two seats open, one in the back and one near the commander. I sit by the commander.
Note: this is a newly formed organization and most people do not know one another. I am the only female in the room.
My husband just casually mentions I am his wife. (I ignore the inquisitive looks, I mean who brings their spouse to training meetings) and now she is chatting with the CO.

As the brief is presented I ask a few 'intelligent' questions, receive more looks.
Well, the briefing ends and everyone is very curious. I mention I am from G3 and if they need anything just let me know. Additional looks were priceless.

Bottom line, my husband may be doing some traveling this summer and beyond. I am going to stay unemotionally attached to this subject until he has orders and his med exam is completely signed off. I have been through this before. I am ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home