Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week one
Well, it was a week of meetings and that is not an exaggeration. A few days meetings were from 8 am until 9 pm.
For me it was bliss, I know, I am truly sick woman. But, it was refreshing for all of us to be one room collaborating, solving and discussing. I am connecting face to face with the Canadian team, the Europe team and the Asia Pacific team. Although I am truly an introvert, this environment feeds me like fresh kindling to a fire. I thrive in hard work. My mom was the same way and the Army discipline and crazy schedules make this easy. It is funny, when I participate in an Army exercise working a twelve plus hour shift is the norm, it is what we do.
Let me tell you, in corporate America a 12-hour shift resembles torture for some! Next week starts week two. Most stayed in California to rest; take wine tours in the country and visit San Francisco. I opted to come home. It is our anniversary and I knew that there would be laundry to attend to, carpets to vacuum and mail to be taken care of.

I was able to catch the State of the Union Address replay on Fox. I thought it was well done. 2006 was a hard year in Iraq. I pray 2007 is better. Pelosi is a freak -she must have had a very dry mouth - or she was tasting the crap she has been talking the last few weeks. Cheney was also fidgeting and glancing at Pelosi. Hilary is just a plain Biatch.. Bush was charming and once again I think his wife was the class act of the evening.

No plans for the anniversary. Just relaxing. We are catching a movie and lunch.

The ebay purchase of the traveling trunk is absolutely horrendous. The daughter does not like it and quite frankly neither do I. I am going to take it to the basement and use it for some type of storage. I feel like I just held up a fresh Benjamin Franklin to a burning flame. Such is life, you take a chanceā€¦ Sometimes it works out good, sometimes not so good.
I will keep looking around for a suitable hope chest.
February is going to be hectic. We have drill weekends, birthdays, business travel and hopefully a weekend trip to the mountains.

My flight leaves at 6am tomorrow and I will be back on Friday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding Mr. Bush charming. I'm so sick of wandering through the world of blogs and finding nothing but criticism, which is hard to swallow along with the one-sided crap they feed us in the general media... Along with criticisms of more conservative media...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know how close you are to an antique mall but that is where I found my trunk, which sits at the end of our bed. The thing I hated about it (at first) was that it smelled SO musty! They told me to stuff it will crumpled up newspaper and leave it outside (or in the garage) for a week. I did that, plus kept it slightly open, which helped air it out.

Ebay is a crapshoot; I have wasted money there on more than one occasion.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home