Sunday, February 18, 2007

books and movies


Kiss Tomorrow HelloNotes From the Midlife Underground by Twenty-Five Women Over FortyWritten by Kim Barnes and Claire Davis
About this Book
A collection of blazingly honest, smart, and often humorous essays on middle age contributed by well-known writers such as Julia Glass, Joyce Maynard, Lolly Winston, Antonya Nelson, Diana Abu-Jaber, Judy Blunt, Lauren Slater, and other voices of the baby boom generation.In the tradition of the bestselling A Bitch in the House, Kiss Tomorrow Hello brings together the experiences and reflections of women as they embark on a new stage of life. Many women in their forties, fifties, and sixties discover that they are racing uphill, trying desperately to keep their romantic and social lives afloat just as those things they believe constant start to shift: The body begins its inevitable decline, sometimes gracefully, sometimes less so…
I especially like the chapters written by Pam Houston and Ellen Sussman.
Most say that middle age is in the forties. But who knows when I look at some around me that have already ready passed - I could be in my middle age now - You just never know.
Yesterday I watched Step Up -
and at the end I shed a few tears... Which totally made my daughter laugh and imeediately texted her friend that I had cried at the movie. I am just saying it had a very sweet ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home