Thursday, February 08, 2007

16 years ago.
Well, we need to really address what started several days prior.
Evening of Feb 5th – We were both E-4’s in the Army stationed at Schofield Barracks.
We lived in Pearl City in apartment on the 33rd floor.
Gulf War One had just kicked off and all eyes and ears were locked on CNN (Before it became a liberal media source)
I made Hamburger Helper – Cheeseburger Helper – this was before we ate healthy and before I stopped eating beef! (perfect for our budgets)
I began to feel like a volcano was erupting in stomach.
Must be time for the baby! We head to the pink hospital. I am sure the nurses rolled their eyes as they sent us home.
Too soon..
Early the morning we drive to the pink hospital again.
They admit us and the wait begins.
Finally at 2 am the next day she is ready to enter the world. We are overwhelmed with amazement.


I cannot even begin to tell you all the stories that have taken place in between 2 am then and today!
It has been amazing.
The realization that I have a 16 year old – blows me away and at the same time puts a swagger in my step.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday to your dd!

Friday, February 09, 2007 1:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home