Sunday, June 17, 2007

I look around and notice that I keep busy, but the progress is barely recognizable. The cupboards and cabinets are full from the trip to the Commissary. I see two full pitchers of sun-tea and clean laundry sitting in the baskets. But if I turn the other way I still see dust and things unkept. That is the cyclic behavior here. We made a trip to the local zoo this week and it was very nice. My dearest friend had a 19 hour layover here on Wednesday and I took a full days vacation to just relax and enjoy. It was lovely. I have decided to take one mid-week vacation day every other week during the summer to just hang out with the daughter and others. There are so many amazing things for us to see and do within just an hour or two, we need to take advantage of it. I had a pretty neat surprise too. My friend from Chicago will be in Aspen next weekend, she used to work with us for many years. So, a few of us are taking the day off to meet with her on Friday.
I am looking forward to it. My daughter took the truck out to the eastern plains and practiced driving. It was fun and I took a few pretty cool shots of farms. I will post them later. We live in such an amazing area. The rain has greened the country side and it is beautiful. Today is an uneventful Father's Day. We will stay around the house and BBQ. He requested chicken and will be perfecting his beer-can chicken recipe, I requested grilled eggplant. Like a little piggy, I can devour an entire eggplant myself. The mixed greens are at a perfect harvesting stage, so I will make a salad from the garden using the herbs, spinach and greens.
I am off to church this morning loaded up with things. We are planning a huge 4th of July celebration for our entire community. Lots of preparation and it is all FREE! A simple way to give back.
We have been watching Chase and the Padres play this weekend. It is weird to actually watch someone you know on TV! Very nice. The daughter is headed to the Circus. We love the circus, but she is going with friends. My brother-in-law said if I stayed at his house for 20 minutes I would get plenty of circus activity! Ha... Always an adventure connected to this family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home