Tuesday, June 12, 2007

More of the same from yesterday. I was hard to get up this morning...
I have seven mosquito bites that are driving me whacky. Scratch, scratch. Ever since I was a kid I would get bites and scratch then until they welted and bled. I just cannot stop scratching them.

I am at new stage in motherhood. It is the summer and the curfew has been changed to midnight, and when she is a "closer" she does not get off until 10 or 1030. Now, for most this is not too late. But, it take a bit to get used to. I have no idea how my mother slept for three years....

Last night I joined a few people from the church to serve dinner at the Rescue Mission. It was crowded and the mission served about 45 people. God has a funny way of challenging you to step outside your comfort zone. springs rescue mission We were scheduled to provide chapel, music and help serve. At about 5 minutes to 5:00 we were getting a little worried about the gentleman that was going to lead worship. We even prayed that God would bless Jim as he sang (which was we knew we would be in trouble if we were to lead the worship!) Thankfully, he showed up with his guitar. He works at the Fort Carson hospital and was just in time. As he was getting settled, he looked straight at me and says, "Can you sing next to me?" I wanted to run, I cannot sing. BUT, I could not let the guy down! So, in front of God and everyone I am singing very close to the microphone..... I guess it is all about being available and being stretched. God placed an Army Captain, a former Marine Major, me and others to minister and just serve these people. Several of them were veterans, One gentleman server three tours in Vietnam. very humbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home