Monday, August 04, 2008

A marathon of weeks.
Last week was draining, my boss was in town and we had two days of meetings. The kind you hole yourself in a room with two other people and no one leaves all day long. A few times it was heated and I think she was surprised I do not have the yes ma'am mentality. I am glad the meetings are finished and I can move on with the real day to day activities, the things that actually make our business work. This weekend was long as formations were at 0530 both mornings.. Saturday morning I left my house at 0345 to be there. Saturday I opted to just sleep on a sleeping bag in an office. I will be up there for almost two weeks at the end of the month. I am sure that will prove to be interesting. Some of the guys I am working with now are obnoxious pigs and arrogant to boot. In an odd turn of events the Brigade Commander and I have it off. She is maybe a few years older than I am and lives not far from me. I ran into one of my old bosses and gave him the plea, "if you have any open positions, please call" After this exercise, I am officially seriously looking.
My daughter is set for school, we just need to go pick up granola bars and the like for lunches and we are all set. Relatively painless this year.


40 min bike ride this morning :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home