Monday, December 08, 2008

OK Wednesday is big.

It is Human Rights Day.
10 December 2008.

A year ago, I had no idea that such a thing even existed. Or that the need is as great as it is.
Please celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by praying the needy and oppressed people of the world.

The theme of the campaign, “Dignity and justice for all of us,” reinforces the vision of the Declaration as a commitment to universal dignity and justice and not something that should be viewed as a luxury or a wish-list.

But, because I serve an awesome God; he has opened my families eyes to many things.
I began to understand the importance of Human Rights when I visited a Psychiatric Hospital in Azerbaijan and again when I witnessed first hand an orphanage out side of Baku.
My daughter introduced me to the outrageous amount of Human trafficking that exists in the world, targeting little girls and boys between 8 -17 years old.
Now, I have partnered with the Zonta International and I am understanding first hand the plight of many around the world that need help. I used to think by donating a few dollars here and there I could make an impact. Now, I know action is what is needed.

Even traveling for work to Buenos Aires, I understand the importance of advocating human rights.



a picture from the orphanage in Azeribijan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home