Saturday, February 14, 2009

substitution

I decided to bake a pie...
and then it happened.
I thought I had a can of evaporated milk but then I realized it was a can of sweetened condensed milk .. the internet (which is never wrong) suggests...

Ingredient Substitutions
For 1 cup of evaporated milk, substitute 1 cup half-and-half, 1 cup heavy cream OR 1 cup whole milk


wish me luck..


Direct conversations my daughter and I had with random cashiers...

#1...
Card store.
We make small talk of Valentine's.
Then she tells about her breakfast with her boyfriend and how he did not say anything about v-day. When he dropped her off at work he said that she looked great in red. She had to remind him.. and she was hoping he would come through later today... She had a good feeling because she saw him pass by the store earlier.

ok.


#2 Dillards
Older sweet German later.
She gives us the scoop on the customer just prior to us. She was trying to return something that was not bought there and they do not carry the brand. She was emotional drained from her.

I try to change the subject and mention that she had beautiful rings on (literally she had 10 rings jammed on to her fingers). She explains that one of her co-workers was making a fuss that she was wearing two rings the other day on one finger; so in spite she was now wearing multiple rings all at once.

We get a lot of extra information throughout every single day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home