Sunday, May 31, 2009

just because


This book caught my eye, I have never read anything by Mary Gaitskill. But she uses South eastern Michigan as the backdrop of several of her short stories. This I found interesting. Don't Cry is a book filled with short stories all with strong theme's. I am typically not a short story reader, I really like the idea of the novel, the need to know more, the rest of the story but Gaitskill is good. I might add more of her to my reading list.
Meanwhile, I found another blog that I can keep my eyes open for good reads.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

I agree... don't like short stories because I always want more. I am reading John Steinbecks' "Once There Was a War". He journals some of his time as a war correspondent in 1943. Fascinating stuff.

Monday, June 08, 2009 2:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home