Thursday, February 09, 2006

good news

Good News, I think.
Twenty eight years ago this month my dad died of Brain Cancer. In 1978 this disease was fought with the most rudimentary practices. My mom did her best to make sure my dad received the best care possible and tried many different therapies and surgeries. They both fought the good fight. Sadly, in October 1998 my mom also passed from cancer, lung cancer. I heard on the new this morning that U.S. Cancer Deaths Drop for First Time in More Than 70 Years.

This is good news, but we have a long way to go. I am very thankful for all the men and women that dedicate themselves to fight cancer both with research and care giving.
I encourage everyone to choose a more healthy diet
and plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Read an inspirational story about a fellow soldier fighting GWOT as well as cancer and winning both.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

My Mother had colon cancer with metastatic disease to her brain....a very horrible way to watch someone die....to loose the mind, and then life....

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home