Thursday, June 22, 2006

We had spinach from the garden tonight. It was great!
The thing I love about gardening is the satisfaction of placing a small seed in the ground and letting nature take its course. The spinach plants are making great progress. By next week I should be able to craft a beautiful salad with fresh leaf lettuce, spinach, dill and mint. There is one tiny eggplant plant nub poking it’s way through the leaves and the turnips and cucumbers are looking great. I cannot wait to have more zucchini than I know what to do with! I give it away!

Today was a day of two new firsts. I bought our first tent today. The daughter and cousin have an outdoor adventure planned at the end of July and it is “bring your own sleeping accommodations”. I did pre-investigative work on campmor.com. The sales rep I called noted that the tent only ways 6 pounds, I sure hope so!
The other thing on my to-do list was to hunt down mime make-up. She needs white and black face make-up to take with her to Peru. Word to the wise, do not procrastinate searching for this item. I did find several choices on dickblick.com, I hope it turns out to be what she needs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home