Thursday, October 19, 2006

Is Nothing sacred?


I used to buy Dagoba Organic Chocolate at Whole Foods and Wild Oats on special occasions.
I liked the fact it was different and owned by a small company.
No any more…

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), as part of its strategic focus on the high-growth premium chocolate segment, today announced that it has acquired the assets and operations of Dagoba Organic Chocolate, LLC. Based in Ashland, Oregon, Dagoba is known for its high-quality natural and organic chocolate bars, hot chocolate and chocolate-covered coffee beans sold in natural foods outlets and gourmet stores.

Hershey has scored a new brand!
Good for them – the chocolate is great.
I hope they keep it Whole Foods…


About Dagoba Organic Chocolate, LLC
Founded in 2001, Dagoba Organic Chocolate, LLC seeks to create the world's most exquisite organic chocolate, following the highest standards of ethics and ecological sustainability. Dagoba is dedicated to the Art of Chocolate Alchemy: transforming cacao into exquisite chocolate through Full Circle Sustainability(TM): blending equity, quality, ecology and community. The company seeks out fine flavor, sustainable and certified organic cacao through direct, equitable partnerships, and manufactures in small batches with great care. All products are also kosher, and many are Certified Organic. Dagoba's approach has gained high regards: Food & Wine's 2005 Tastemaker Award, "World's Best Chocolate" - CNN/Money, and "Best Dark Chocolate" - San Francisco Chronicle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a chocolatier and I find this to be horrible news. I love Dagoba and I used it exclusively. I am an Oregonian living overseas. I love their philosophy and their chocolate. I want to know how much is going to change? If anything at all changes with this company, aside from it becoming more readily available, I will be finding another source of organic, fair trade, amazing chocolate.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home