Monday, October 02, 2006

Saturday was an amazing day for a football game. Warm, sunshine and blue skies. We could not have asked for a better day. I even picked up a little color on face! We had a great time and the Falcons beat New Mexico! Catching up with our friends was just what I needed. It felt great to just relax, share and laugh.
Our friend’s daughter who is my age is literally fighting for her life. She had been a school teacher in Virginia, but a month or so ago she was gven 6-12 months to live. She is spending time traveling and helping others.
Kelly's story

Yesterday we drove to see the changing colors. Yes, drove. We did not stop; we did not collect $200. We just drove. I am must remember that not everyone likes to walk and smell the fresh Fall air.
I am planning a day to honor my mom. Next week she has been gone for eight years. I have a few ideas and I will pass along what pans out.
I started an amazing book yesterday which I will pass along the details tomorrow.

I have also begun to a bit of Fall cleaning and sorting. On Saturday, I gave away five pair of my daughter’s tennis shoes to a family that could use them and I gathered up all of the shoe boxes that I have been collecting throughout the year for Operation Christmas Child. I have them all wrapped in Christmas paper. I have a grocery bag full of things I have been saving and I have trial sized toiletries. If you are not familiar with the program, go check it out samaritans purse. It is an amazing way to give to others in need. I personally love to discover how many small treasures we can fit in a tiny box. Our church comes together and fills boxes as a huge community project. We filled over 800 last year and I know they would like to shoot for 1000.

I began to make a mental list of a few major purchases I need to make. When I say major that means over $100 for me! I need to replace the bed pillows, they are looking a bit rough and they should be replaced. I counted seven pillows. One was lost at camp, my daughter’s tent leaked and she felt it was just safer and easier to toss it away. The pillows will probably be around $85. Tuesday Morning is one of the best places to buy linens. While I am there I need to purchase new bath rugs. I need to change things up a bit. The current one’s have been laundered far too many times and look ugly, they serve their purpose but they are ugly. Rugs are expensive and I have three bathrooms. So, I believe the cheapest I will get out of the store with three sets of bath mats and rugs will be $60.

Our shredder is broken and I finally set it to the curb about a month ago. I have plenty of junk mail that needs to be shred. I think shredders run about $35. This weekend while I was restacking the shred piles, I thought about my grandparents house on Post Road. My grandpa used to have a burn barrel and he would fiddle around outside and keep the burn barrel going. I think maybe that was his man cave. He would burn household items, newspapers and lawn waste. Of course, that was a long time ago. If I tried to create a burn barrel in my back yard, I would have all eyes from the neighbors and probably a citation from the city. But, just for a split second, I wanted one.

The last and final decision has been to remove the vertical blinds from the back sliding glass doors. This is the third set we have put up and we current have two missing slats. We are not gentle with them and neither are the dogs when they come running in or out. I think I want to find a nice rod and purchase a rich dark red, brown or natural color curtain to use as accent and cover instead. I do not want to think about the cost of curtains, I know they will be ridiculous, but I might be able to make some on my own. We shall see. I also need to make an appointment to get the carpet cleaned and maybe buy a new couch. Good grief… I need to go to work and stop thinking. Have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home