Sunday, October 22, 2006

Yesterday ,I tried honestly.
The husband left for Drill early 5am-he had at least a 90 minute commute and it had snowed.
I did not bother to go back to bed- heck this was primetime to get things done. Last weekend was my drill weekend and this week I am traveling for work Monday-Friday.
I started the wash – always wash to do.

I went down into the basement to organize a few piles that have been growing for the Christmas season. I am estimating I am probably 50% complete. I putter around and put together the five Operation Christmas Child boxes and fill two grocery bags to take to the trash can. Hey, I am accomplishing things – But to the naked eye nothing- Looks pretty much the same.

I made 4 batches of peanut butter dog biscuits. Dogs are happy. Lazy, but happy.

Next, I decide to clean out the spice cabinet which was in dire straights and the another cabinet that we use for vitamins and coffee and tea. (I need to stock up on things, the holidays are fast approaching.) I cleaned out a small drawer and folded the kitchen towels neatly. All of this takes me an over an hour and the inside looks great – All of the salt and pepper and shakers are filled to the brim and tidy. The spices are lined up like formation of tiny soldiers. But to the naked eye – nada.

I fold a couple loads of laundry and iron three shirts for the husbands work week… Still showing no signs of real progress.
Gather up bathroom rugs to wash.
Decide to switch out the kitchen curtain – Iron the replacement curtain and hang.
Steam clean the living room and hallway.

And ladies… my house barely looks any different than Friday.

The only score is that I actually put up a Fall plaque and ribbon on my door and I am going to put out a small Halloween decoration for my neice. (Every year I find it with the Christmas decorations.. much too late.

I am lame!

I did read ½ a book that I was saving for the plane.

Today… more of the same

Church, errands, daughter needs to go shopping.
Groceries… (need to use the coupons ending on 10/31)
Pack for trip.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home