Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I found this blog online Beautiful ideas and words
It is amazing. I want to make homemade ornaments and cards that look like hers.
I want my house to look and feel welcoming, clean and fresh. None of which are a prevalent experience in my house.
I am not a good homemaker and it was validated once again. My MIL told my daughter that we always have an ugly Christmas tree and we should buy a fake one.
OK –I like real trees. I like the ornaments we have picked up over the years. I am not sure why this even bothers me. It is like having a pebble in my shoe, no real harm just irritation.

It is not Martha Stewart quality – but damn it is mine. The stress I have had over the last few years, it is no wonder I even decorate and celebrate. Having a real tree makes me feel better. It might be a false sense of “better” – but it is mine. I hope to pick up the tree this week. String the lights and enjoy it. I might even dry some oranges and cinnamon sticks.
I woke up early and headed to Tuesday Morning - the doors opened at 7 am.
I got a few more names crossed off the list!.

If you need baking help head over to AWTM – she has a nice list started.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I am a big believer in real trees done up "family style," meaning that none of the ornaments match and they probably include covered toilet paper tubes made when you were three at storytime at the library. Long live the family tree! : )

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home