Monday, March 19, 2007

I am traveling this week for work.
It was a busy weekend. I was able to do some yard work, paint a wall in kitchen, the hallway upstairs and an accent wall downstairs. We cleaned and scrubbed bathrooms, laundry and cleaned baseboards. The weather was warm enough we could open the windows and let in plenty of fresh air. My daughter has decided to paint her room as well and it is 1/2 way complete.
I made my first trip to the Lowe's for the season. I picked up a new rake, potting soil and two berry bushes. The berry plants were impulse buys, but I am looking forward to planting them in the backyard. It will be nice to work on the garden soon! Of course, first things first. I need to rake and clean up the yard and the beds. I repotted three houseplants that really needed more room. Plants do pretty well for us. Spider plants are hard to spoil, so it is nice to have live greenery around the house.
We are from Martha Stewart type's. We used plenty of 409 and paper towels. My flight left at 6 am this morning, so it was a fitful sleep and early wake up.
For the first time in a long time, both the husband and I will be out of town. I have neighbors, grandmas, aunts and friends all looking in and staying the night until Thursday. The husband is attending his two week annual training. They are calling it deployment prep. The current company commander went with him to Afghanistan and they get along well. I am not getting excited one way or another at this point. If it is a "go" I am going ot assist with the FRG in my area, A lot can happen between now and then. I am a bit jealous though - he will be at the range for the next two days. Today, he qualified on the M9 and M4 and tomorrow the grenade launcher and SAW. I am attached a TDA unit and hardly ever get to go the range... I like to shoot and would love to put my hands on an M9. There is just something about the solid weight and the coolness of the barrel.
Tonight I had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants la Madeleine.
locations and website
It was very good! Simple and delicious.
One of favorite items on the menu is the Potato Galette– A crispy potato cake mixed with green onions and herbs baked until golden brown.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessi said...

I'm SO jealous!!! I miss La Madeleine. Have you tried the tomato basil soup?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home