Thursday, April 19, 2007

Things have been a bit crazy.
We both had Drill last weekend.
We stayed up in Denver to make things easier, but also shoves all the weekend housework back two days. My new unit is ok, just strange not to have my buddies with me.
My daughter is busy. She is an official Mark representative and she started her job at Burger King. She was frustrated for weeks about not being called and in the airport coming home from Easter she received two calls for two interviews. One at Burger King and one at a Castle as a maid. She got the BK job and has not heard from castle. She was very excited about the possibility at peaking into others personal belongings while cleaning up, ha... It would be interesting, but BK is good for now. I shuttled her to watch the training video and to buy black shoes. Of course, she picked black converse that are flat as pancakes and now I need to grab some inserts for her. She survived day two and is happy.
I went to my second PT session, I was given a handful of exercises. I went to Yoga on Tuesday and rode the bike slowly for 30 minutes. More of the same today.

Last night I came home from work to an empty house. So, I made a quick meal and settled down to watch Jesus Camp. I have been wanting to see this for a while. Netflix delivered it over the weekend. All I can really say is, ok. OK. I turned off the dvd feeling a bit upset and just prayed. It was subtle attack on the Conservative Right Wing Church. They wanted to pass along the message that we need to keep church and state separated. My thought is... If Christianity is what you believe in, it is hard to separate it. The thing that bothered me the most is the 5-6 minutes that featured Ted Haggard. My heart just ached. I am sure a lot of naysayer's found this bittersweet. The movie must have resonated deep in my psyche last night.
Right before the alarm sounded, I was dreaming. I was at sandwich shop and Ted Haggard was taking my order. No one around realized who he was. I asked how he was doing and he asked if I had attended his church, I said no and ordered a sandwich with avocados. I was staring into his eye looking at his hurt when the alarm sounded. Weird, huh. So, my advice is to watch the movie, take it in, but not right before bed time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home