Saturday, May 26, 2007

It is almost Memorial Day.
We had up to 5 inches of snow in the higher elevation this week. We are still running the heat in the evening.
I have been getting rain each evening and both the weeds and garden are enjoying it. Leaf lettuce, radish, spinach and beets are all up about an inch or so. I am going to plant the squash this weekend. The weather I hope has turned the corner where it will not destroy the base of the plants. I am not going to plant a ton of flowers, just work on the things I have and try to tame the weeds.
It is the end of the school year and I am looking forward to the summer. For the first time ever she has no camps planned, no trips and activities. This is hard for me. I liked controlling her and showing her to embrace new things. I was experiencing life through her experiences. This is the summer she wants to work and lay in the sun and hang out with friends, I was the exact same way. But it is still hard.
We are dog sitting this weekend. We have a circus of four dogs and a cat. Good grief we need to live on a farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home