Saturday, June 14, 2008

travel log

One hundred degree temps, but it is not too bad. I enjoy it! Vacation is going well. There are so many babies it is like a daycare on wheels. Clearly the generations have now been separated. The years when the nieces and nephews change positions to moms and dads and the grands are now the greats. I would say that tension is the best word for the underlining mood of the group. You know the way the air feels when a storm is miles away. You can feel it in the air and see it in the clouds but at the moment there is no evidence on ground.
We went to the Mexican market to walk through the vendors. My daughter wanted to pick up a purse like she found two years ago in Peru. We have this affection for wool and alpaca from South America. We found a great shop with friendly faces and sweet hearts to purchase them from. We picked up a few finger puppets, one of my favorites for the kids. It is hard to complete with a handmade yarn finger puppets and all of the flashy toys, but I chose those. Traveling this week has made me yearn to go back to Azerbaijan. I have been thinking and praying about the work to be done all week. Please continue for the enormous amount of unspoken needs there. We are headed to Ikea tomorrow north of Austin and then back to Colorado on Monday. With all of the graduation talk I cannot help but think of next year and the excitement at our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home