Friday, September 19, 2008

I cannot believe it is almost fall.
The mornign air is sharp this morning. I have the windows open enjoying it. We have turned into a house of allergies.
All of our noses are stuffed and we have weepy eyes. Selfishly I hope for the first freeze. Maybe some of the allergens in the air would die down.
I have not posted too much on the Ike aftermath or the continued political pantering.
As far as Ike... many of my co workers in Houston have been sending pictures and stories. Most everyone is safe with limited damage. They are still with out power and they are coming to work for electricity, internet access and air conditioning. They mentioned all of their neighbors are pitching in and helping out. The National Hurricane center does not have any more hurricanes on the radar, so we might have peace for a week or so.
Blackfive has a very cool picture of a National Guard soldier and Texas resident. blackfive link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home