Sunday, September 21, 2008

Zonta
Has anyone ever heard of it?
The organization was a large participant in the Human Trafficking Awareness symposium yesterday.
I might attend a meeting just to check it out.
The symposium went very well and educated the area about human trafficking and the severity.
I guess my biggest take away is that we need to pay attention to everything around us. The food we eat, the clothes we wear all could trace back to modern day slavery.
One thing that shocked me... You know for awhile I have been trying to seek out things made in the USA. Well, many of the clothes that say made in the USA are actually made in the American Samoa. There have been some cases of civil rights violations there too. I will have to keep my eye for additional details. Thought is was interesting though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home