Friday, August 30, 2019

Not uncommon.

I just spent some time in Montana.
If this turns out to be my August tradition I will be completely happy.
I traveled to Missoula via the Santa Fe Airport.  First all if I get a chance to fly the tiny Regional Airport I love it. The ABQ Airport is very easy as well but the Santa Fe airport is just dreamy to me.
I met Anna Wardley  an endurance swimmer. In fact just before she got to Montana she swam across the Catalina  Channel to raise awareness of the impact of suicide on children.
We had a great dinner and I connected with friends from the Tamarack Grief Center.
On Monday we headed to the Flathead Lake Camp.
I was assigned to the middle school boys cabin.
The morning views were amazing.

And the porch had a re-purposed church bench.


We spent four amazing days doing all things Camp. And I kayaked both of the waterfront days!
Missoula is a great town.
The University owns the Mountain and I was able to see the marching band practice.
Lots of local restaurants with yummy treats and new flavors of Kobumcha. And they serve toast.
It is a small town but has a lot of nice places to visit.
It is rugged and contemporary at the same time.
A great independent bookstore that I browsed in for an hour.
Celebrated Tony's passing - Five Years - it is hard to believe.
And now I am 49.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home