Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Yesterday I suffered from LOM all day.
Don't get me wrong, I did all I needed to do and even got the oil changed BUT just not motivated.
Registration opened for the Foreign Service Exam. Registered. However, I probably do not get any extra points for doing so the first day the window opened.
Today is a new day though!

I heard from our dear friend. I received a real snail mail letter from Iraq and took about 16 days to get here! Brian thanks for taking the time and sharing --- we love and miss you. (sorry about the Green Bay packer ordeal). Travel safely.

This morning when I dropped my daughter off at the bus stop (Yes, I still drop my freshmen off at the bus stop in cold weather) there was a young boy standing in his ROTC uniform. I said, "Look at that soldier" Daughter response... "He is a so quiet, mom". I thought about him all day. Just his demeanor and the frank possibility that he will probably be a junior enlisted soldier someday. Made me proud. Made me a little sad. I think of all the quiet soldiers in OIF and OEF.

Interesting news (sort of) Caffeine gum now in Army supply channels. Each piece of the gum contains 100 mg of caffeine, which is about the amount found in a six-ounce cup of coffee. OK.

You must go see this website. It is absolutely inspiring. I read through the last year of events for this family, it is incredible.

Finally, a call to all. Soldiers, supporters, ney-sayers, liberals, conservatives, Steeler fans, Bronco fans... Please read this and give it some thought.
Must read.


To send a note to recovering soldiers at Walter Reed Hospital.
Address:
Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home