Friday, March 10, 2006

the tax man


About two months ago I received a letter stating that we owed the State of Co – 75.00, due to an error on our taxes.
I raised an eyebrow – but figured what ever. We partly work for the state in the National Guard and figured they could use the extra money. About two weeks ago, I received a note requesting that we send 176.00 for delinquency in 2002. Hmmm.
So, I do prepare my own taxes and use the software that is available to everyone. Could I be off by that much?
I have most of my things ready to prepare for 2005, I just need to purchase the software, I am slightly less confident though, with the recent of amount of correspondence. I think I might round up all the figures and give them a few extra dollars as a bonus. I guess auditors need to keep busy and preparations that mirror mine are job security.
I decided to do a bit of research Tax Tips for January 2006 and found little useful information.
I will just go for it and hope for the best. I have a full month to prepare!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, if you're military--you can use Turbo Tax for free (we've been paying $50 for it for years) at militaryonesource.com. We just discovered this and it was nice to be able to use the software and file for free this year!

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

You probably already know this but if you're military, you can go on post to the legal or tax office and they will do your taxes for you, for free. They can also look at your past taxes and see why you're having to ammend them so often.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home