Thursday, August 24, 2006


Last Night I was taken back standing in the middle of Old Navy. The music when we walked in was a techno/hip-hop song; I ignored it and headed for the direction by daughter made a bee line for. Then a pause and the music segued to Echo & the Bunnyman. Yes, ECHO AND THE BUNNYMAN. I loved them. But why on earth were they playing "bring on the dancing horses" in a mainstream store like Old Navy. Then I looked at the bubble skirts, leggings and leg warmers and began to feel sad. My things that belonged to my teen years are now being recycled to my daughter 20 years later.

the lyrics

Jimmy Brown made of stone

Charlie Clown no way home

bringing the dancing horses

headless and all alone

shiver and say the words

of every lie you've heard

first I'm gonna make it then I'm gonna break it

till it falls apart

hating all the faking

and shaking while I'm breaking

you're brittle heart

Billy stands all alone

sinking sand

skin and bone

bring on the dancing horses wherever they may roam

bring on the new messiah

wherever he may roam

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Deb, it's scary how much you & I have in common...in the oddest ways!

My very first boyfriend was very much forward thinking in his music choices & I LOVED Echo & the Bunnymen.

Good to know they can still be heard without iTunes intervention. LOL

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home