Monday, August 14, 2006

Our Children are growing up.
Chelsea and Mitchell started pre-school together 11 years ago. They played in the backyard and rode bikes when we were neighbors. They celebrated kindergarten together, rode the bus together, fought, bickered, played, and sang together at our church, Redeemer. They used to be our neighbors. I miss them. They were near us when my mom passed away and surrounded us with love and support. They moved and about 6 months later, we moved out of state. We try to keep in touch with notes and letters. Occasionally, we trade a package or fun pictures. Chelsea spent a few days with them a few years ago; they stopped at our house one evening for a bbq while driving through our state.
I miss them – I know if we were neighbors, today we would be sharing everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.
We live thousands of miles away, but they both went on mission’s trips this summer and both are changing and figuring out who they are.
Reading this made me feel proud and a little sad
Mission Trip Feedback
Mitch wrote....
First of all, I would like to thank you for your prayers. This mission trip has had the greatest affect on me out of all the other ones. I rededicated my life to Christ and completely gave my life to him. I also realized that of all the talents I have, I was not using them to glorify God, so I prayed for God to give me extra help to help me use my talents to glorify him instead of using them as self pride. Mitch Mc…

They both turn 16 next year, only 1 month apart. I will keep praying for them. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger chelsea's got stories to tell said...

aw... mom i love you... and i cant wait until you get home and go to the 80s punk rock store

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home