Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yesterday was really nice.
I met my brother for a quick lunch.
It seemed strange to be able to have lunch with him here.
Last night we went to Vietnamese Food. My brother had been looking forward to Spring Rolls and a Noodle bowl ever since he found out he was coming out!
We visited at the house and the daughter brought her little friend over.
We played a game of Scrabble and laughed.
My daughter asked her uncle who was smarter. He or I. I said my brother, He scored very well on the SAT, ACT and the ASVAB. I explained that he was so smart that the Marine Corps needed him to be a linguist and the Army only needed me for Supply.
And out of the mouth of babes, the daughter announces: Uncle you may be book smart, but my mom is street smart. That is the biggest difference.
Silence was observed for thirty long seconds.
We laughed later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home